Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hitting the trail


I dusted off the mountain bike today and hit the trails through Shepherd's Hill Park with my son, Miles. It was only five kilometres or so but it was a reasonable workout with a few steep hills to get over, some of which we had to walk up.

It was a nice area to ride through, albeit a little wet and muddy in spots after a bit of rain this week. We had to hop off a few times to negotiate muddy creek beds, but generally the track was pretty good. My mountain bike skills are terrible though - I don't have a lot of confidence. We both need to do a bit more of it and build up some skills. If I end up following through with my plan to do the Mawson Trail sometime over the next year, I'll definitely need to get plenty of km's on dirt under my belt. Anyway here's some pics:

We did a bit of a walk around at the end of the Viaduct Track, which ends at the Belair train line. We hiked up the hill and did the 'Stand By Me' thing and walked along the tracks for a bit, then into the tunnel.
 
Overall, it was a pretty nice way to spend an hour or two and I think we'll be doing a bit more of this, especially given that we have so many trails nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment