Saturday, December 1, 2012

Just like last week, only different

Another Saturday morning, another Norton Summit and Corkscrew ride. After my terribly slow initial attempt at both climbs last week, I needed to go back and do it again. I certainly improved this week - I took four minutes off the Norton Summit climb and seven minutes off the Corkscrew Road. So, my mediocrity has been restored and I've assumed my rightful place at around 10% from the bottom of the Strava leader board for the relevant segments. I still had to stop on the Corkscrew climb, but only once this time and only for a 2 minute breather before the last few switchbacks.

Since I was in the mood for difficult climbs today, I though I'd have another bash at the the top of Morphett Road. I got up there, just, but it seriously hurt. I didn't think I'll do it again in hurry - the last 100 metres at the top must be 20% +. It's just too damn steep for me and it takes everything I've got to get up there.

The other acheivement for the week was a particularly nifty descent from Mt Lofty on Tuesday night. I had nice enough ride up there after work, but it was into a head wind most of the way, so my time wasn't fantastic. However, the descent with a tailwind was magnificent. I did the 8.5km from the bollards at Crafers to the Tollgate in 10:39, smashing my best time by about 35 seconds. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment