Saturday, December 22, 2012

TDU training ride

With the TDU ride just 5 weeks away, I've decided that I need to start doing some longer training rides. Given that I'm not sure about which distance I'll be doing, I thought I'd do a ride today that roughly equates to the shorter Kersbrook start distance (92km). It ended up being a bit shorter at 83km but had 880m of climbing which, according to bikemap.net, is about 150m more than the Bupa Challenge.

I went up to Mt Lofty (yet again) and this time I kept going around the 'Scenic Route' to the Norton Summit turn off. I'd forgetten how nice this part of the road is - here's some pics:

From there I did the Norton Summit descent for the first time, which was great fun. Then it was across to Greenhill Road and basically 30km of spinning on the flat down to Glenelg, Henley Beach and back home. Overall, it was a cracking ride with hardly any stops. I tried to maintain a slightly higher pace than I normally do and ended up averaging 22.4km/h, which is slow of course, but pretty good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment